A Short PhD Course
Discrete Choice Econometrics and Industrial Organization
Lecturer: Prof. Steinar Strøm (University of Turin and Frisch Centre for Economic Research Oslo)
Date: June 7, 2010 – June 9, 2010 (TU Dresden)
Venue: Technische Universität Dresden
Monday, 14:30 – 20:00, SCH B 037
1. Discrete Choice Econometrics: An Introduction
2. Towards an actuarially fair pension
3. Nurses wanted
4. Industrial oragnization, an introduction
5. Third party financing
Tuesday, 09:00 – 13:00, SCH B 037
1. Taste persistence in the demand for pharmaceuticals
2. Where to sell the wine
3. Transport demand
Wednesday, 11:00 – 13:00, SCH C 163
1. Discussion with PhD Students about Their Theses
 Train, K.: Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation, Cambridge Univ. Press, 2009.
 Anderson, S. P., A. de Palma, J.-F. Thisse: Discrete choice theory of product differentiation, MIT Press, 1992.
Write up a research proposal of approx. 3 pages using the econometrics methods used in the course. The essay has to be send to email@example.com
Please fill in the evaluation form and return until June 20th. Thank you!